Thursday, November 17, 2011

God = Love

Day 5

Fifth day into my modified fast and I feel surprisingly well!  I feel calmed and hopeful!  I surprise myself waking to songs of praise in my heart and head.  I’ve doubly surprised myself by being faithful to my reading plan and resolve.


The prescribed reading yesterday was Psalms 119.  I was gripped with emotion at verse 8 where the psalmist writes “I will obey your order.  Please don’t leave me all alone”. NIRV

That cuts to the core of my fears.  Alone.  Separated from God.  Separated from love.  Don’t misunderstand me.  I love solitude and crave it horribly at times.  But this is different.  God’s love for us is declared throughout the scriptures but it’s more than that!  God is love! 

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:8

The absence of God is the absence of love?  Does an atheist or agnostic claim there is no such thing as love?

Happy to note that one very important request of God has been answered very quickly and clearly.  Thank you Father for showing your mercy, love and favor on your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share?