Monday, November 14, 2011

Seeking God

21 Day Prayer and Fasting


Pre Fast  Saturday, November 12 2011

I bolstered my resolve to begin this fast plan in earnest.  I do realize it must be a ‘modified’ fast for me to be able to physically carry through to the end.

Nutrition Plan
With that, I have decided my fast will be of liquids only.  Meaning soups (pureed), juice, milk, protein shakes and tea are fine.  I will be abstaining from sweet tea, soda, shakes other than protein shake and solid foods of any type.

What do I hope to accomplish?
I hope to gain a closer relationship with God. 
I hope to hear his voice. 
I hope him to guide me directly in a personal decision.
I hope him to heal Ruby and restore her sight.
I hope God himself will change my beloved's heart or align my heart with his.

Although I will not be writing all that I eat, I do plan on journaling each day.

I invite you to join me in this journey.  Please feel free to email me with any private question or comments or leave your comments here.

Day 1 Sunday, November 13 2011
I read through the selection from Daniel for Day 1.  When Daniel began his fast it was in sadness.  He was distressed by a vision from God telling of a great war.  Daniel’s fast was also modified.  He abstained from ‘rich’ food and no meat or wine.  At the end of his fast he had a vision of an angel.  It must have been visible because the others with him were afraid and ran away!  Daniel was also gripped with fear and fell face down on the ground!  The angel reassured him helping him to his feet and told him that God sent him to Daniel! 

“Do not be afraid”.  This is my favorite verse.  Kind of a cheat for a favorite verse because it recurs so often in scripture.  “Do not be afraid”.  Beautiful.  We are not to live in quaking, shaking boots but in joyful sneakers!

“You decided to get more understanding [through fasting and prayer].  You went without food as you worshiped your God.  Since the first day you did those things, your words were heard.  I have come to give you an answer”. – Daniel 10:12 NIRV

Wow! God heard Daniel’s prayers from the first day he decided to commit to his fast!  Not only was Daniel heard by God but God himself sent his personal messenger to give Daniel his answer!

Could it be that God is listening to me?  He must know that I’m actively seeking him.  Truly Awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share?