Sunday, November 13, 2011

Listening for God's Voice

Recently, I've been praying over a particular subject.  Actually praying is putting it gently, rather I've been begging, imploring, searching for a definitive answer from God.

I decided that I should follow several biblical examples of some others before me seeking God's desire for them and have begun a time of fasting, prayer and study.

It seems that my Lord has pointed out some details I need to address through a blog called 'A Place Called Simplicty'.

I like to think that I'm a good person.  I encourage others, attend worship regularly, pray, and even teach an occasional Bible class.  But of course, I know there is more to do.

We are told, I am told in 2 Timothy to flee from evil and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace.

Not hang around (evil) and check it out like a building on fire, but flee!  Run for it!  But what do I do?  I watch with eager eyes all the horrible pain and sadness that one man (or woman) can inflict on another!  I reason with myself and my heavenly Father. "It's only  tv".  "I need some downtime".  But all the while my head and heart are being filled with impure, degrading images.

Looks like my fast needs to extend to my entertainment habits!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share?